A capital initiative is a special season in the life of a church. For Covenant Grove, this is all about building hope, not buildings. We know that a greater facility will facilitate greater ministry – but great ministry only happens with great faithfulness in the lives of devoted people. Before the buildings go up, God is raising the spiritual temperature to a whole new level, so that we can live out His mission on a whole new level.
Below is a list of the outcomes we are praying will happen through the Building Hope Capital Initiative.
- Expanded sanctuary, with seating for 300-400 people. This would allow Covenant Grove to grow to 800-900 people per weekend. We will either expand the current sanctuary and build new classroom space, or we will build a new sanctuary and change the current sanctuary into next generation space.
- Adding over 7000 square feet of ministry space, more than doubling our current space. Kids, Youth, and Young Adult Ministries will gain about 4000 square feet.
- Parking lot and outdoor space for gathering – we will double the amount of parking spots and develop an outdoor space for connecting before and after services.
Next Generation Space (Kids, Youth, Young Adults)
- Growing from 4 to over 8 classrooms for Kids Ministry, allowing more than 120 kids every week to learn about God’s love. These rooms can also be used by groups mid-week.
- A multi-purpose, mid-sized space – to be used on Sunday mornings and for Youth and Young Adult Ministries, facilitating these ministries to grow to over 150 per week. This space could also be used by church plants and community events.
More Kingdom Leaders and Faith
- Growing from 60 to over 100 leaders, as people step up in new ways to serve Jesus.
- As current leaders step up in the Capital Initiative, and step out in the new church plant, leaders in waiting will be asked to step up. Having more leaders means more people can be reached and discipled by our church.
- When people give big to God, big things happen. We can’t out-give the Giver. As people see God move in powerful ways, we will trust God with bigger faith for the future – empowering Covenant Grove to have a bigger Kingdom impact with Jesus.
Bigger Needs Met
- Expanded facilities will allow us to host local events and bless our community.
- A mission project (e.g. child literacy, international orphanage, disaster relief) will receive a $15,000 gift.
- Our Fight Hunger event, which packs meals for starving children, will be able to grow from 20,000 to 60,000 meals annually.
A New Church Plant
- $60,000 will be given towards a new church plant out of Covenant Grove, which will reach a new area with the hope of Jesus.
- We hope to send out 30-40 people to start this new church, with the goal of reaching over 200 new people.
God is just getting started with us. It will take a lot of prayer, devotion, and sacrifice to raise $750,000 and move forward. It will take an even greater level of faith to follow Jesus on a whole new level. This is what God is doing in our church family right now. It is a hard but exciting time! We have never backed down from a challenge, and we are not going to start now. The adventure continues!
If you have any questions about the Building Hope Capital Initiative, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also get more information at www.covenantgrove.org/buildinghope/. For those that call Covenant Grove their church home, we ask that giving to the Initiative is on top of your General Fund giving.
If you would like to give to the Initiative, either a one-time gift, a three-year pledge, or both, you can go to www.covenantgrove.org/giving/.