by Jacqui Crumrine, Associate Pastor – Worship and Arts
Becoming Fully Devoted to God means becoming more like Him…in His image. And lately I have been reflecting on God’s faithfulness. What is faithfulness? In cultural terms, we often think of faithfulness in terms of relationships. We are to be loyal, consistent and devoted. Another way to describe faithfulness is dependable and reliable. God is definitely faithful in His relationship with us.
Here’s some examples of how I have experienced God’s faithfulness lately:
- When I was in my head overthinking things, He brought truth to mind.
- When I was hurting, He sent encouragement through my friends.
- When I didn’t have the strength to really take on the world, He told me I didn’t have to take on the world…that He wanted to me to be still…with Him.
- When I was worried, He reminded me that He always provides what I need.
- When I found myself tossed around by the waves in the storm, He showed up as my Prince of Peace.
- When I worshiped Him, He met me. I experienced more of Him.
- When I prayed, He never failed to listen and speak to me.
- When I read his word, He always revealed something new.
- When I cried out “My Lord, my God”, He said “Yes, my child?”
God is always faithful.
Deuteronomy 7:9 ‘Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.’
So what does that mean for me? It means that I am to be faithful to Him and to others.
When He speaks Truth, I need to be faithful to listen.
When I am with His others, I need to be faithful to encourage.
When I am planning my day/week/month/year, I need to remember that THIS moment belongs to the Lord. It is His, and it is for His glory. I need to be faithful with my time.
When I budget, buy something, or see a need, I need to remember that all I have belongs to the Lord and be faithful in giving and live into generosity.
When He calms the storm, I need to praise Him.
When I experience more of God, I need to tell others about it!
When He speaks, in faithfulness, I respond. My actions line up with my beliefs.
Because I love Him, I read His word daily. I pray. And I understand my worth because of who He says I am.
He is faithful, therefore I am called to be faithful. Lord, help me grow in my faithfulness.