by Scott Nelson
Here is the question I have been asked countless times: When will our church reopen? My answer back is that our church has never been closed! In fact, our church has stepped up and done more than ever. Services have been online, Life Groups have continued to meet, Kids and Youth have provided resources and connections, hundreds of calls have been made, financial help has been given to those in need, counseling and care have been given, and over 800 care packages have been delivered to kids, youth, and senior citizens. Together we have worked hard to ensure people are spiritually healthy in the midst of this pandemic. Thank you for being the church! I am pretty darn proud of our church family.
What people mean by the question is: When will we be able to go back on campus? The Bible even says “It was good when they said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the Lord'” (Psalm 122:1). Covenant Grove will resume On Campus Services on JULY 5. YAY!. Services will be on Sunday mornings at 9:00 & 10:45am. We will have seating indoors and outdoors, with distancing, and we are asking for people to reserve their seats. This will happen online, and seats will be available a week in advance. There is room for everyone, and we want you to be inviting others too! If you are ready to be back on campus, the time has come. Let’s do this thing people!
The link to reserve is on our website, and listed here: https://reopen.church/r/Yqh3tLNd
Weekly worship is such an important habit. Our habits shape our lives–whether hygiene, exercise, or time with loved ones. If you skip the habit of brushing your teeth, it will affect your life–and the lives of others! It is so important to have a time every week when we focus on Jesus, hear His word, worship Him, and fill up our spiritual tank. We will streaming Sunday morning worship services for you to watch on your own, with your family, or with a group. In this season, there are three equally valid ways to keep the habit of weekly worship: On Campus, Online, or In Groups.
Of course, we will be following safety measures in our on campus services.
- Stay home if sick or at risk – If you are running a fever or showing symptoms of COVID-19, or if you are at risk please stay home and participate online.
- Families worship together – The nursery will be available for babies through 18 months. Kids will experience worship with their families.
- Physical distancing – Please stay 6 feet from those not in your family (indoor and outdoor). We love hugs and handshakes, but those will come later, and we are focused on being together.
- Please wear a facemask – Our state and county have asked everyone to wear a facemask in public settings, especially inside. Kids under 2 years old, those on stage, or people with disabilities do not need to wear a mask. Masks are recommended but not required for outdoor seating (maintain distancing).
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning – Sanitizer will be everywhere, we have modified our church building, and we will increase cleaning of handles and surfaces.
- No common items – Communion, coffee, pre-packaged food, and name tags will be handed to you. Offering will be online or in a bucket. There will be no pens, cards, or bulletins (all information is online).
The biblical mission of our church remains unchanged: To transform religious and irreligious people into Fully Devoted Followers of Christ. No matter how you choose to worship the Lord in the coming months, our prayer is that you will find a way to make Sunday morning worship a consistent, weekly part of your life. Our habits shape our lives–and our character. Keep (or grow) the habit of weekly worship (and keep brushing your teeth, too). If there is any way the church can support you, please let us know. May the Lord bless you my friends!